Saturday, January 3, 2015

The Fusion

   


    My mom gave me some old prints of some pictures I took.  She wanted them out of the house.  Well, who am I to turn down a challenge.  The challenge, give them back to her so she'll keep them.  How do I do this?  By turning the entire set of prints and the two canvas boards into a collage.


    The fusion, as defined by google, is the combination of two or more things.  With my entrepreneurial  hat on this is also called, Combination Innovation, but more on that later.

    What I've done her is received a stack of prints from my mother.  These prints were of a picture I took a few years ago at the request of my mother.  The longtime readers will recognize that I won't turn down an opportunity to explore the woods for a cool tree.

    With these prints, rather than frame a single print and return, I decided to create a fusion of prints in the collage format.  Cutting up the individual pictures and mounting them on a piece of canvas I created as a kid (it was a super here, you can see his red eye visor in the picture) I tried to extend the feeling of being among the trees.  I then cut up the pictures of the flowers, (another picture of mine from a long time ago) to add to the trees.

I'll post again with the outcome. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment