Saturday, April 19, 2014

Early Morning with the Daffodils

Sneaking out early before work to shoot is a really nice way to start a Friday.  What's even better is when these flowers weren't the primary objective.  

My friend invited me along on a trip on the Potomac.  He wanted to see the Cherry Blossoms from within the Tidal Basin.  He had a boat, and the Tidal Basin had water in it.  Made sense.  Made even more sense when we reviewed on the map.  But upon arrival, we were blocked by something the map didn't show.  Oh well.  We'll just cruise up and down the Potomac and enjoy the weather. 


While preparing for the boat trip, I was lost in this small field of daffodils.  Not wanting to waste this opportunity, I set out to take a few pictures.  Pictured here is the GoPro, with my usual setup for creating timelapses.   I captured the picture below in an attempt to show the extensive size of the daffodil field.  Be fooled, as this field is merely 20 yards long. 
  
 Here's to good friends who know when to change the routine and help me see new things, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment